FILE A CRIME REPORT ON-LINE
JPD’s online reporting allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report for free.
Only incidents occurring within the City & Borough of Juneau will
You must provide a valid email address.
Before You Begin…..
Make sure you don’t need a police officer to take the report. Not sure?
You will need to call 586-0600 for police assistance if:
- You are reporting a crime against a person, such as an assault, rape, robbery, abuse, or domestic violence.
- You are reporting any type of court order violation, such as restraining, stalking, or child custody.
- You are reporting a theft of firearms, vehicles, identity, or prescription drugs.
- You are reporting breaking and entering (burglary) to your residence or business.
- You have information about a possible suspect, suspect vehicle, or witness to the crime you wish to report.
- Someone has been hurt or placed in fear.
- A serious crime is in progress.
- Value of stolen or damaged property is greater than $500.
All emergencies should be reported on 9-1-1
A Word About Motor Vehicle Accidents….
You may use the online report only for non-injury accidents. Combined vehicle damage must be less than $5,000. Under these circumstances this report will be sufficient for your insurance company requirements for filing a police report. You are required by law to complete DMV participation and insurance forms:
- If total property damage is less than $2,000 you are encouraged to go to www.reportcrash.alaska.gov to report the accident to DMV.
- If total property damage exceeds $2,000 - - DMV Accident Participation Form 12-209 must be completed and submitted to DMV within 10 days.
- If total property damage is greater than $500 - - DMV Certificate of Insurance Form must be completed and submitted to DMV.
Ready to File an Online Police Report?....
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your report, such as:
- When it happened (date and time)
- Where it happened (address or location)
- Who is reporting or owns the property (name, date of birth, contact information)
- What was lost, stolen, or damaged (make, model, serial number, description, and estimated value of loss)
These are the types of incidents that you can report online:
- Theft from a vehicle or vessel
- Vehicle Rifling
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Lost Property
- Hit and Run Accidents – insurance purpose / damage only
- Motor vehicle accidents – insurance purpose / damage only
- Information Only Incident
What You Can Expect After You File Your Report....
- You will see the words: “your report has been submitted”. This means that your online report has been received by the Juneau Police Department for review and is pending approval.
- Your report will automatically be assigned a temporary report number. You will be able to immediately print a copy of your submitted report for your records.
- All submitted reports will be reviewed. Upon review, you may be contacted if further information is needed.
- Once your report has been approved, a JPD case number and copy of the official police report will be emailed to you. This will occur within 5 business days.
- Reports are rejected that do not meet online reporting requirements. You will receive email notification and a reason for rejection.
- It is a crime to file a false police report! Any intentionally false information, misstatement or inaccuracy may result in criminal prosecution.
Questions and comments? Email to firstname.lastname@example.org