Ask a Dispatcher
Click the question to view the response.
- Question- bear sighting, what do i do?
- Question- When should I call you guys about bears? What does the bear have to be doing for JPD to care?
- Question- There is someone dumping dead fish at the Dredge lake parking lot off to the left side in the trees ...We walk every night with our dogs and have noticed the bears are hanging out in that area more..There is also little fires built there often at night...Is someone able to put those hidden cameras on a few trees up there?..I know its not a police thing unless a bear attacks... but maybe Fish and Game?
- Question- I live out the road, and a lot of my neighbors put their garbage out the night before it is to be picked up. Can I call JPD to come patrol our neighborhood to cite these people? (Do those Community Service officers work at night?) We've had a bear getting into that garbage lately.
- Question- What is the process in dealing with bears who constantly dig in the garbage? Do you deal with that or would Fish & Game? What about issuing a ticket for keeping garbage out all the time? My neighbors leave their trash out all the time because they think it's fun to take pictures of the bear, not to mention they are constantly intoxicated when my fiance and I approach them about it (but that's a different issue). Before the bear was scared and the slighest noise would scare it off, but now you can yell and holler and the bear will act like you're not even there and it's getting a litle too comfortable for my taste.
- Question- Is it appropriate to call 911 or the JPD business line when a bear is seen walking around? A lot of bears are out this time of year, and I was wondering if it is even necessary to call this in.
- Question- Are bears pumpkin eaters? I want to carve pumpkins for my porch and yard but don't want to attract bears.
- Question- Who do we notify about problem bears? One is spending a lot of time around Spruce, Parks, and Behrends near the cemetary, getting into garbage and beginning to scare people walking dogs in the dark.