Ask a Dispatcher
Click the question to view the response.
- Question- I heard on the afternoon of 12/4/13 that there was a dog involved in 2 different people being bite on hospital drive and that the dog was running loose. I haven't seen anything in the news or on the daily bulletin. Is this true?
- Question- I just read the Animal Control code on the CBJ website, and I do not see that it is required by law that a person turn in a stray animal within 24 hours...however that is what Animal Control is telling me. Did I miss this law? Am I looking in the wrong spot?
- Question- What do you do when a neighbors dog barks all night? Night after night after night.
- Question- My landlord is not providing a secure location for apartment trash. Earlier this year a neighbor called JPD after being startled by a bear eating out of the trash can. My landlord was told of that situation and of several bear visits since. But they still haven't fixed it. What should I do?
- Question- JPD - Please forward this info. to Animal Control, thank you.
For several weeks now I have witnessed a black lab sitting day in and day out of a car that has been broken down with flat tires in front of *******. The dog has been wearing an e-collar and there is a large bag of dog food sitting in the front passenger seat and an empty, dirty bowl for water. This poor dog rarely leaves the car. He is very kind. I believe his owners are a couple residing at *******. The lab sits in ******. Lic. ******. A few weeks back when we had 80 degree + weather, he was sitting in the car ALL day AND night. Please check on him and speak with his “owners”. Maybe they’ll think twice about having a dog they cannot care for and find a home that will love him and not keep him locked up in a car his whole life!
- Question- Is there a city limit on the number of cats or dogs you can have. If so is there an exception for the people who take care of there pets
- Question- What are the rules in Juneau about taking care of animals? There is a house in our downtown neighborhood who keep their dogs cooped up in their tiny yard almost all the time. The dogs no longer bark as they used to, for they appear to have been broken by their neglect.
I haven't seen one of the dogs in a while, though now a new dog has appeared in the same yard. S/he isn't broken yet, so whines almost continuously at the door for hours on end with no interaction for the owners.
At what point does something like this transition from poor dog owners to a case of animal cruelty?
- Question- As I was driving to Costco on Sunday about 1:30pm, my daughter and I spotted a lone coyote in the field across the road from Tyler Rental. It was roaming around about 50 yards from the sidewalk & bike path without any apparent fear of people walking by or cars driving by. I was able to get a pic with my phone, but I wasn't able to zoom in enough so it's not a very good pic, although, distinguishable. Should these sightings be reported and to whom? Thank you.
- Question- What are the rules about the number of dogs that can be owned by a household in the downtown area, and also how they must be controlled?
- Question- Did animal control or JPD catch the poor little aussie looking puppy that was wandering around downtown last night (1/3)? It was so scared, no tags, just wandering across busy streets...I was genuinely concerned, but couldn't take it with me.
- Question- Has a small yellow lab been found last night or this morning?
- Question- I cant find a simple answer for who is responsible for A dog that attacks another dog, A friends dog escaped from my yard and into the neighbors yard and attacked their dog. yet the neighbors are threating me with small claims court, because the owner of the dog won't pay. Not sure how im really involved other then the dog being in my yard before the attack. Can you help me out? I just want the neighnors to stop contacting me if im not apart of this.
- Question- What can I do about a dog that has been barking for nearly an hour straight? I have already confronted the owner of the dog once, and nothing has changed. Is there anything else that I can do?
- Question- Why dosen't anyone enforce the law pertaining to dogs in the back of pick up trucks, I've asked the folks at Animal Contol if they do this and was told that they do not have the authority to enforce this because this is a traffic violation, So I am now asking you JPD if this is true and if this is a traffic violation, why isn't this being enforced, over the last 5 weeks I've seen dogs jump out of a truck bed at 40 MPH I've also seen dogs get bounced out of truck beds and then get hit by the following vehicle, this is a problem and someone needs to fix it my question is who??
- Question- Is birdseed considered litter?
I would assume that birdfeeders at home would be fine, but what about prolifically feeding birds on City/State property and causing a general nuisance?
- Question- Juneau has a noise ordinance, correct? If that's the case, can Animal Control write me a ticket for my dog "excessively barking" at around noon on a work day? She wasn't barking during the noise abatement times...putting together the time and day they say she was barking, it would have been while the guys were picking up garbage cans on our street, approximately.
If my dog is barking during the day while I'm at work, can they write me a ticket for it? Doesn't seem fair to dog owners who don't lock their dogs in their cars or in the house all day while we are at work. I make a point of making sure that my dog doesn't bark at night, or early in the morning, but during the day I don't quiet her down (when I'm home) when she's just talking to the dogs who are in the yards that surround mine.
- Question- Does the city have any regulations about dogs needing to be on leashes? Several times we have been on trails and strange dogs have charged up to us and jumped on us all the while barking and growling. The owners always say the same thing, "oh they won't hurt you." Well I don't know you or your dog - therefore it's a threatening situation. What do you suggest for protecting myself and my family from these unleashed dogs? Does the city ever ticket residents for not picking up their dog's crap left on trails - thinking the airport trail in particular. If not, you could be making a fortune. Thank you for your insight!
- Question- Do you do animal control?
- Question- One day, my neighbor screamed that he would kill my dog if he were ever to see it again, threw trash cans and pieces of wood at my dog. My dog is very friendly and did escape from the back yard for a few minutes. All she did was cross the street and sniffed the trees while wagging her tail (this came from a witness). She was not on his property nor posed any threat to anyone yet this neighbor threatened my dog's life. The neighbor did apologize about his behavior later on but I am still terrified of him. What can I do to insure that my dog, fellow neighbors, and I will be safe?
- Question- How do you go about getting a hold of GHS animal control on the weekends or afterhours?