How Do I...
People of Interest
FILE A CRIME REPORT ON-LINE
JPD’s online reporting allows you to submit a report immediately
and print a copy of the report for free.
Only incidents occurring within the City & Borough of Juneau will
You must provide a valid email address.
Make sure you don’t need a police officer to take the report. Not sure?
You will need to call 586-0600 for police assistance if:
- You are reporting a crime against a person, such as an assault, rape, robbery, abuse, or domestic violence.
- You are reporting any type of court order violation, such as restraining, stalking, or child custody.
- You are reporting a theft of firearms, vehicles, identity, or prescription drugs.
- You are reporting breaking and entering (burglary) to your residence or business.
- You have information about a possible suspect, suspect vehicle, or witness to the crime you wish to report.
- Someone has been hurt or placed in fear.
- A serious crime is in progress.
- Value of stolen or damaged property is greater than $500.
All emergencies should be reported on 9-1-1
You may use the online report only for non-injury accidents. Combined vehicle damage must be less than $5,000. Under these circumstances this report will be sufficient for your insurance company requirements for filing a police report. You are required by law to complete DMV participation and insurance forms:
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your report, such as:
- When it happened (date and time)
- Where it happened (address or location)
- Who is reporting or owns the property (name, date of birth, contact information)
- What was lost, stolen, or damaged (make, model, serial number, description, and estimated value of loss)
These are the types of incidents that you can report online:
- Theft from a vehicle or vessel
- Vehicle Rifling
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Lost Property
- Hit and Run Accidents – insurance purpose / damage only
- Motor vehicle accidents – insurance purpose / damage only
- Information Only Incident
- You will see the words: “your report has been submitted”. This means that your online report has been received by the Juneau Police Department for review and is pending approval.
- Your report will automatically be assigned a temporary report number. You will be able to immediately print a copy of your submitted report for your records.
- All submitted reports will be reviewed. Upon review, you may be contacted if further information is needed.
- Once your report has been approved, a JPD case number and copy of the official police report will be emailed to you. This will occur within 5 business days.
- Reports are rejected that do not meet online reporting requirements. You will receive email notification and a reason for rejection.
- It is a crime to file a false police report! Any intentionally false information, misstatement or inaccuracy may result in criminal prosecution.
Questions and comments? Email to firstname.lastname@example.org