HR-RM...Working together to promote a culture of excellence!
Wellness Program Information:
The CBJ offers a health and wellness program that encourages employees to choose healthy lifestyles through educational presentations, competitions and special promotions such as low-cost blood screenings, disease and lifestyle management, flu shot, and other health and wellness activities and programs. Employees have access to a staff Wellness Coordinator to assist them and their families in designing a healthy lifestyle.
- Take the Stairs in September challenge: 9/1-9/30; Choose to climb a few flights every day, or a larger challenge-perhaps 110 floors- on 9/11. Register by emailing Jess Brown. Earn 5, 15 or 20 HY points from participating.
- Join us on 9/11 at 10am @ the Mt. Roberts Basin Rd. trailhead to hike up to the tram to simulate the 110 flights that firefighters across the country will be climbing to honor the lives lost on 9/11.
- 5.3.1. Program @ CBJ: Mondays & Wednesdays 3:15-3:30, downstairs from HR. Take a quick break from your workday to unwind andrefreshyourselfwith meditation, gratitude, and acts of kindness. You’ll be amazed at what 5 minutes can do. Attending 5 in one month will earn you 10 HY points.
- 5.3.1 Program @ BRH: on Monday, Wednesday & Thursdays in BRH meditation room, Noon- 12:15. Gratitude, Meditation, and Acts of Kindness. Attend5 in one month to earn 10 points.
- Health Matters (formerly 'Diabetes Prevention Program'): Mondays from 8/29- 12/19. 5:30-6:30 @ BRH. For employees and family members at risk for type 2 diabetes. If you missed the deadline for this class, contact Jess to get on the list for the next one. (all 100 points)
- Family and Friend Turf for tots: Friday 9/16 5-6:30 at the Dimond Park Field House. CBJ & BRH employees can bring kiddos and friends to come and play! We’ll have all sorts of toys, games, and open space to run free. Attending will earn you 5 HY points.
- Booty Aerobics with local legend, Erika Lee: Saturdays 9/24-10/815@ the Rockwell ballroom from 10-11. Join us for some fun tunes and funky moves. Noexperience/coordination required. Cost is $10 per class or $32 for all 4! Register by emailing Jess Brown.
- Character Day: Thursday, 9/22 join in discussions across the organization (and across the globe!) about the importance of developing character strengths such as resilience, grit, empathy, courage, and kindness. (let me know if you’d like to host one in your worksite) or drop in to join in one from 4-5:30 at the downtown library. Attending will earn you 5 HY points.
- Family and Friend Skate: Saturday 9/24, 1-2:30 @ Treadwell Arena. CBJ & BRH employees can bring family or a friend to come and skate for free! Bring your own skates/ helmet or borrow theirs. 5 HY points
New! September Newsletter
New! Activity calendar for FY17
Documents of interest:
Health Yourself Rewards Program July 2015-June 2016
Employees that participate and meet the requirements will receive a $50.00 per pay period discount off of their health insurance premium rate for July 2016-June 2017. There are 3 options you can choose from in order to receive the 2016-2017 discount. The three options are:
- 'I’m Healthy' route—this route is for those employees who are already making healthy choices and don’t want to track activities. They can qualify for the discount by meeting certain thresholds for biometric screenings. Employees will fill out a physician screening form; have their healthcare provider review the information and sign the form AND provide proof of a dental cleaning. If an employee falls out of the desired range for one or more categories, but is managing it with their physician, they will qualify. Click here to find the physician screening form.
- 'I’m Almost There' route—this route is for those employees that meet 4-5 of the thresholds above, but needs to work on 1-2 areas. These employees will need to provide proof of some activity that is leading towards improving the missed threshold(s) and show what they are doing to address this risk factor(s).
- Traditional 'Points' route—this route is for those employees who would rather earn 100 points for completing activities instead of completing the screening form with their doctor. These employees would need to complete the following requirements:
- Participate in the Health Yourself Blood draw or a draw with your doctor to check cholesterol and glucose (25 points)
- Complete the online health assessment on Premera.com- Click here for instructions to help you get there. (25 points)
- Participate in a combination of other Health Yourself Activities or use the fitness journal for the remaining 50 points. You can keep track of your points for your personal records using this tracking sheet.
Health Yourself Employee Newsletters
Health Care Clinics Accepting New Patients
Health Yourself Resource Library List
Vitamin D Presentation Notes
Vitamin D Handout by Justine Emerson
Other Employee Benefits
Fitness Center discounts and 10% Wellness Pass information- benefited employees and spouses are eligible for discounts to local and CBJ recreation facilities to help keep them healthy! Click here for more information.
Employee Assistance Program - ComPsych® has been contracted by CBJ to provide support, resources and information to employees and their family on a confidential basis, at no charge to you, as a company-sponsored benefit.
Employees and family members are encouraged to visit the ComPsych® website at https:// www.guidanceresources.com/ groWeb/portals/login.portal or talk with a ComPsych representative by calling 1-800-295-9059 (TDD: 1-800-697-0353). To set up an online membership or to speak with a Guidance Consultant, you will need to provide the following company ID: CITYJEAP2.
Premera Nurseline: 1800.841.8343 - This is the number for Premera's FREE 24-hour Nurseline. If you or a loved one is not feeling well, but you're unsure if it is an emergency, give the Nurseline a call. You will speak to a registed nurse who can provide around the clock health-care treatment recommendations for injuries or illness's or answer questions about health-related issues..
Wellness Program Email Contacts:
Employee Wellness Coordinator