HR-RM...Working together to promote a culture of excellence!
Wellness Program Information:
The CBJ offers a health and wellness program that encourages employees to choose healthy lifestyles through educational presentations, competitions and special promotions such as low-cost blood screenings, disease and lifestyle management, flu shot, and other health and wellness activities and programs. Employees have access to a staff Wellness Coordinator to assist them and their families in designing a healthy lifestyle.
New! March Newsletter
BRH National Nutrition Month Activities
Spring 2017 CBJ vs BRH Healthy Steps Competition: 3/6- 4/9- team up with 2-4 co-workers or family members and compete against teams in both organizations. Registration opens 2/27. Actively participating in all 4 weeks of the challenge will earn you 15 HY points.
Step it UP! Diabetes management program: 3/23- 4/27. Join others in taking action and accountability to improve your type 2 diabetes outcomes over 6 weekly sessions that incorporate education and walking. Contact Cynthia Nickerson at 907.796.8649 for more information and to register. Full participation will earn you 50 HY points.
7 Habits Refresher: Tuesday, 3/7, 12:15- 12:45 in BRH admin classroom 203b. All past 7 Habits of Highly Effective People participants and family are welcome to join in as we refresh ourselves on the 7 Habits, one at a time. This month is Habit 4- ‘Think Win-Win’. Join us to refresh your effective habits and earn 5 HY points.
Spring Cooking Classes: Spring Cooking Classes: Enjoy a lesson in healthy cooking, and a tasty meal too! Classes will be held at Zach Gordon Youth Center, $15 each or 3 for $35. Visit our website for full list of cooking classes.
• Saturday, 3/11, 12-2pm with Rosaria Lombardo- come learn a staple or two of authentic Italian cuisine, with a mini Italian language lesson too!
• Saturday, 3/18, 12-2pm with Erik Boraas- a delicious combination of homemade pasta and homemade feta you can do at home!
• Sunday, 3/19, 12-2pm with Jeste from Pie in the Sky- irresistible enchilada sauces with squash and black bean enchiladas (meat-free class)
Microbiome Brown Bag Lunch n’ Learn: Tuesday, 3/14, 12-1 in BRH admin classroom 204 A & B. Bring your lunch and learn about how bacteria in your body can be a good thing! Kari Natwick, RDN, LD will discuss what we can do to improve our bacteria forcefield, how it helps us, and some common pitfalls that can harm your microbiome. Attending will earn you 5 HY points.
Family & Friend Disco Skate: Saturday 3/18 6:30-7:30 @ Treadwell Arena. All CBJ & BRH employees are welcome to bring their family or a friend to come skate for free. Attending will earn you 5 HY points.
Forks Over Knives Screening: Tuesday 3/28 in BRH Admin classroom 204 A. Bring your lunch and drop in between 11:30-1 to learn why plant-based diets are so beneficial to many chronic diseases in our country. Attending will earn you 5 HY points. You may also loan a copy of the DVD or watch the film on Netflix.
Garden Brown Bag Lunch n’ Learn: Wednesday, 3/29, 12-1 @ Assembly Chambers- bring your lunch and come get ready for spring! Attendees will earn 5 HY points.
5.3.1. Program @ CBJ: Mondays & Wednesdays 3:15-3:30, downstairs from HR. Take a quick break from your workday to unwind andrefreshyourselfwith meditation, gratitude, and acts of kindness. You’ll be amazed at what 5 minutes can do. Attending 5 in one month will earn you 10 HY points.
5.3.1 Program @ BRH: on Monday, Wednesday & Thursdays in BRH meditation room, Noon- 12:15. Gratitude, Meditation, and Acts of Kindness. Attend5 in one month to earn 10 points.
A note on the Health Assessment: This summer we had an evaluator look at where our wellness program can grow. One of the results indicated that our online health assessment is not telling us or you enough helpful information to improve the wellness of our employees and spouses. In light of this, the online assessment is no longer available. For those of you who have already taken it this year, you will receive those 25 points; for those of you who have not taken it since July and are earning 100 points toward the discount, you will be able to earn those 25 points either through other activities or with preventive visits to your doctor and dentist.
Updated (as of 1/11) Activity calendar for FY17
Documents of interest:
- FY17 "I'm Healthy" screening form to earn the $1300 discount on your health insurance premium
- FY17 'Points' provider form- this year we are doing away with the health assessment and allowing you to earn 25 points from just going to your doctor and dentist- use this form to earn 25 easy points!
- Health Yourself Fitness discounts
- Fitness Journal- no specific dates (20 Healthy Reward Points)
- EEOC notice- Our wellness program is designed to promote health, prevent disease, and support you in serving the public to the best of your ability. Participating is voluntary and all employee medical information is kept confidential.
Health Yourself Rewards Program July 2015-June 2016
Employees that participate and meet the requirements will receive a $50.00 per pay period discount off of their health insurance premium rate for July 2016-June 2017. There are 3 options you can choose from in order to receive the 2016-2017 discount. The three options are:
- 'I’m Healthy' route—this route is for those employees who are already making healthy choices and don’t want to track activities. They can qualify for the discount by meeting certain thresholds for biometric screenings. Employees will fill out a physician screening form; have their healthcare provider review the information and sign the form AND provide proof of a dental cleaning. If an employee falls out of the desired range for one or more categories, but is managing it with their physician, they will qualify. Click here to find the "I'm Healthy" screening form.
- 'I’m Almost There' route—this route is for those employees that meet 4-5 of the thresholds above, but needs to work on 1-2 areas. These employees will need to provide proof of some activity that is leading towards improving the missed threshold(s) and show what they are doing to address this risk factor(s).
- Traditional 'Points' route—this route is for those employees who would rather earn 100 points for completing activities instead of completing the screening form with their doctor. These employees would need to complete the following requirements:
- Participate in the Health Yourself Blood draw or a draw with your doctor to check cholesterol and glucose (25 points)
- (Optional) Visit your doctor and dentist for preventive screenings and use this form to verify. (25 points)
- Participate in a combination of other Health Yourself Activities or use the fitness journal for the remaining 50 points. You can keep track of your points for your personal records using this tracking sheet.
Health Yourself Employee Newsletters
Health Care Clinics Accepting New Patients
Health Yourself Resource Library List
Vitamin D Presentation Notes
Vitamin D Handout by Justine Emerson
Other Employee Benefits
Fitness Center discounts and 10% Wellness Pass information- benefited employees and spouses are eligible for discounts to local and CBJ recreation facilities to help keep them healthy! Click here for more information.
Employee Assistance Program - ComPsych® has been contracted by CBJ to provide support, resources and information to employees and their family on a confidential basis, at no charge to you, as a company-sponsored benefit.
Employees and family members are encouraged to visit the ComPsych® website at https:// www.guidanceresources.com/ groWeb/portals/login.portal or talk with a ComPsych representative by calling 1-800-295-9059 (TDD: 1-800-697-0353). To set up an online membership or to speak with a Guidance Consultant, you will need to provide the following company ID: CITYJEAP2.
Premera Nurseline: 1800.841.8343 - This is the number for Premera's FREE 24-hour Nurseline. If you or a loved one is not feeling well, but you're unsure if it is an emergency, give the Nurseline a call. You will speak to a registed nurse who can provide around the clock health-care treatment recommendations for injuries or illness's or answer questions about health-related issues..
Office Ergonomics: - Want to evaluate whether the time you spend at work is ergonomically correct? CBJ has access to a free online office ergonomic assessment. Click here to access the assessment. Register as a 'new user' to create your account and profile. Once you create a profile and complete a brief assessment, this program will deliver personalized recommendations to help you work more comfortably. If you have any questions, contact CBJ safety officer at Andew.Migel@juneau.org
Wellness Program Email Contacts:
Employee Wellness Coordinator