Parks and Recreation Image

Parks & Recreation

Featured Links

Evergreen Cemetery Seawalk Treadwell Arena Advisory Board Aquatics Board Contact Parks & Recreation P&R Comprehensive and Master Plans Parks and Trails PRAC Report Graffiti, Vandalism or Trash Salty the Sea Otter Shelter Reservations Subscribe to P&R News OHV Park Information Auke Lake

Facilities & Recreation

Adult Sports Augustus Brown Pool Centennial Hall Convention Center Dimond Park Aquatic Center Jensen-Olson Arboretum Parking Facilities Treadwell Ice Arena Youth Sports Zach Gordon Youth Center

Mission Statement

Essential partners in a healthy community.


Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM

Contact Information

155 S. Seward St.
City Hall Room 218
Juneau, AK 99801

fax 907-586-4589

News Items

Special 1-Year Commercial Use Permit for Mayor Bill Overstreet Park Upcoming Flume Trail Closure Draft Parks & Recreation Master Plan Parks & Rec Winter 2019 Activity GuideMt Jumbo Gym Now Open for 2018-2019 SeasonParks & Rec Master Plan - Special Committee Eagle Valley Center Lodge Reservations!Parks & Rec Master Plan "What We Heard" Document ReleasedParks & Recreation Master Plan OverviewTake a Look at CBJ's Parcel ViewerAquatics SchedulesAquatics BoardSHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH P&RYouth Activities Board Meeting NoticeParks & Recreation Advisory CommitteeJuneau Non-Motorized Transportation PlanJuneau Non-Motorized Transportation Plan MapsJensen-Olson Arboretum Advisory Board MeetingDimond Park Aquatic Center DesignParks & Recreation Comprehensive PlanSavikko Park Master Plan


Vending Permits

The Parks & Recreation Department administers a vending program for commercial and non-profit vendors for food and merchandise sales in designated park locations.


Need to know if an open flame permit or vending permit is needed?

How to apply for an Open Flame Permit through the Juneau Permit Center:

  • Use the Permit Centers Online Permit Application
    • In the Permit Type drop down select "Other Permits"
    • In the description box list:
      • Open Flame for [your dates]
      • Equipment you'll be using (ex: grill, fryer, sterno heat source, etc.)
      • Any other applicable information
  • Or call 586-0770 to speak with a permit technician

All permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis; designated locations, fee information, and insurance and DEC requirements are available upon request. The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation requires all vendors to obtain food service certificates, and non-profit organizations are required to provide a copy of a 501(c)(3) IRS form. Vendors are also required to provide a broker's certificate of public liability insurance. CBJ Fire Marshall requires an Open Flame Permit for Vendors.  You can review that information Here 

Facility Use (Parks/Trails Race) Permits

If your group is interested in hosting a race (fun run, timed run, bicycle race/time trial, color run, etc.) in/on any CBJ Parks & Recreation managed park land, trail/trail head, or facility, you will be required to complete a Facility Use Permit application and include the required Certificate of Insurance naming the CBJ as additional insurance and all applicable endorsements. If your event will be using any form of amplified sound (live band, speaker system, etc.) you will need to complete the Amplified Sound Permit application as well.

For more information, or to request a hard copy of any applications, please contact Parks & Recreation at 586-5226. For vending & permit questions, contact Dave Pusich at 586-5226 or

Please submit completed permit applications to or drop it off at the Parks & Recreation main office located at 155 S. Seward St. #218.