Augustus Brown Pool
Augustus Brown Swimming Pool
1. Participants using the pool facilities must be 8 years old and able to swim one width of the pool using a nationally recognized swim technique, or 8 years old and 48” tall. Participants who do not meet these requirements must be accompanied by another participant of the age of 15 or older who is within arms reach providing touch supervision. Supervision of participants cannot exceed the adult to child ratio of 1 to 3
2. All participants must shower with warm water and soap before entering the pools. (DEC regulation 18 AAC 30.456)
3. No person may urinate, spit, blow the nose or deposit any foreign matter in the pools, spa, sauna or on the deck.
4. Proper swimsuits are required for those entering the pool, spa, or sauna. No cut-offs or loose clothing of any kind is allowed.
5. No street shoes are allowed on the pool deck: Gym shoes are allowed in the gym area only.
6. Water wings are not allowed. Only U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed under direct adult supervision.
7. Use of personal equipment not allowed unless approved by pool management.
8. Children under the age of 3 and patrons requiring diapers must use approved waterproof swim diapers.
9. Diving boards are open during supervised diving programs, open swim, and special events only.
10. Participants may not wear goggles while on the diving boards.
11. No running in the pool facility.
12. Sitting on shoulders or back, throwing of patrons, and horseplay are not allowed.
13. No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the pool facility.
14. No food, gum, or drinks may be brought onto the pool deck or into locker room areas. Only water will be allowed in these areas. This includes special events and rentals.
15. The City & Borough of Juneau and its employees are not responsible for lost or damaged items.
16. No pets, smoking, or alcohol permitted in the facility. Properly identified service animals are allowed in the facility when working.
17. Participants suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be admitted to the pool area.
18. No skateboards, roller blades, scooters, and/or bicycles permitted inside the facility.
19. Participants must be able to pass a 15 yard swim test to be allowed in the lap pool area.
20. Abusive language and profanity are not permitted.
21. Conduct that may endanger the safety or comfort of other participants is not permitted.
22. Participants with open wounds, sores and/or skin infections will not be admitted to the pool, spa, and sauna area.
23. The City/Borough reserves the right to restrict the use of its facilities and premises to persons who exhibit inappropriate, abusive, and/or unsafe behavior.
24. Pools or recreation apparatus may be closed without prior notice at the discretion of the City.