The Russian Bishop's House was completed in 1842 and functioned as the center of the Orthodox church in Russian Alaska. It was also used as an orphanage and school. The building has been restored and opened for visitors by the National Parks Service.
Russian Bishop's Residence, Sitka
COPYRIGHT INFORMATION ~ Permission to use this image may be obtained by contacting museum staff.
Mailing Address: 155 South Seward, Juneau, Alaska 99801 (907) 586-3572
Museum Home: http://www.juneau.org/parkrec/museum/
Curator of Collections and Exhibits -- Jodi DeBruyne [email]
Last modified on: May 16, 2013