Dimond Park Aquatic Center
Dimond Park Aquatic Center
1. Guests using the pool must be 8 years old and able to swim one width of the pool using an over arm crawl stroke Or 8 years old and 48" tall. Guests who do not meet these requirements must be accompanied by another guest age 15 or older who is within arm’s reach providing touch supervision while in the pool. Supervision is one adult to every three children
2. Children under the age of 3 and guests requiring diapers must use approved waterproof swim diapers. Children swim diapers are available for purchase.
3. All guests must shower with warm water and soap before entering the pools (DEC regulation 18 AAC 30.456).
4. Proper swimsuits are required for those entering the pool, spa, or sauna. No cut-offs or loose clothing of any kind.
5. Water wings are not allowed. Only U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed under direct adult supervision.
6. No persons may urinate, spit, blow their nose or deposit any foreign matter in the pools, spa, sauna, or on the deck.
7. No street shoes are allowed on the pool deck: Gym shoes are allowed in the workout area only.
8. Guests with open wounds, sores and/or skin infections will not be admitted to the pool and sauna area.
9. No food, gum, or drinks may be brought onto the pool deck or into locker room areas. Water is allowed.
10. No glass containers of any kind are allowed in the pool facility.
11. No running in the pool facility.
12. No pets, smoking, or alcohol permitted in the facility. Properly identified service animals are allowed.
13. Guests suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be admitted to the pool area.
14. Abusive language and profanity are not permitted.
15. The City and Borough of Juneau reserves the right to restrict the use of its facilities and premises to persons who exhibit inappropriate, abusive, and/or unsafe behavior.
16. The City and Borough of Juneau and its employees are not responsible for lost or damaged items.
17. Aquatic Facilities may be closed without prior notice at the discretion of the Aquatics manager
18. No diving in water less than 7 feet in depth. Feet first, forward entries only from side. No flips or twists.
19. Universal gym equipment users must be at least 14 years old and dressed appropriately.
20. Swimming allowed only when lifeguard is on duty.
21. Only facility guards are permitted on lifeguard stands.
22. Swinging on railings is not permitted.
23. Kick-boards, pull-buoys, and hand paddles are for lap swim only.
24. Guests may use personal masks, fins, snorkels, and eye goggles. Scuba tank use allowed only by certified divers during rentals.
25. Conduct that may endanger the safety or comfort of other guests is not permitted
26. Sitting on shoulders or back, throwing of patrons, and horseplay are not allowed.
27. Use of personal equipment not allowed unless approved by pool management.
28. No skateboards, roller blades, scooters, and/or bicycles permitted inside the facility.
1. Guests must be able to pass a 15 yard swim test to be allowed in the lap pool area.
2. When circle swimming during laps, swimmers must swim counter clockwise.
3. No hanging on lane lines or life lines.
During all lap swims, five lane lines will be in place;
Slow-lanes 1, 6 (Water walkers/joggers may use Lane 1)
Medium lanes 2, 5, and
Fast-lanes 3, 4.
During open/lap swims 3 lane lines will be in place; roping off lanes 1, 2, & 3.
Speed signs are the same for those listed above.
The life-line will be in place so as to stretch across lanes 4, 5, & 6
The high diving board will be closed.
This set-up will last for the entire swim. Adjustments can be made according to need, in the opinion of the guards on duty.
The last 15 minutes of an open swim the lifelines will stay in place and the boards will be closed. (Open Swims)
1. Guests may not wear goggles or flotation devices while on the diving boards.
2. Each diver must wait until proceeding diver has surfaced and cleared the diving area before leaving the pool deck.
3. Only one person allowed on diving board at a time.
4. One bounce only on diving boards per use.
5. No diving in water less than 7 feet in depth. Feet first, forward entries only from side. No flips or twists.
6. No diving or jumping off side of the diving board, users must go straight off the end of the board.
7. Dive well must remain clear when boards are open; parents may not catch children coming off the diving board.
8. No swimming in diving area when boards are in use.
9. Swimming through lap lanes from diving area is prohibited.
1. Balls may be given out by guards only during open swims. Balls will be used only in the small pool.
2. Kickboards may be used during Lap swims only, not during open swims and not by unsupervised children.
3. No diving.
1. No running in water below knee depth.
2. Climbing on divider walls is prohibited.
3. No diving.
1. Users must be at least 16 years of age to use the sauna.
2. Exercising in the sauna is prohibited.
3. Users must shower after using the sauna, before entering the pool.
4. No foreign objects or fluids are to be put on the heating elements.
5. Nothing may be hung on the rail around the heating elements.
6. Daily use not to exceed 30 minutes. Limit visit time to 5 -10 minutes per session.
7. Anyone taking medication should consult their physician prior to using the sauna.
1. Users must be at least 16 years of age to use the Hot Tub.
2. It is advised that users limit their time in the Hot Tub to 15 minutes per session with at least a 10 minute break between sessions.
1. Riders must be over 48" tall to ride the red and yellow slides
2. To ride the red and yellow slide, users must get a wristband from the front desk staff.
3. Riders under the age of 8 must have a parent/guardian waiting for them at the bottom of the slide.
4. Riders may not enter the slides before being given permission from the slide attendant.
5. No swimming in catch area when the flume (red) or drop (yellow) slide is open.
6. No metal on slides. To include but not limited to, exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation.
7. Do not run, dive, stand, kneel, rotate or stop on the slide.
8. Persons over 300 lbs. may not use the slides.
9. Slide must be ridden feet first, lying on back, ankles crossed with arms folded across chest.
10. Only one rider on the slide at a time. No groups or chains.
11. Eyeglasses must be securely affixed to rider or not worn.
12. At the end of slide riders must obey all directions given by slide attendant and exit the catch pool immediately.
13. For safety reasons, riders who are pregnant, have back trouble or heart conditions should not ride the slides.
14. Riders may not wear goggles or flotation devices when riding the slides.