We can help with many kinds of research. Typical requests include:
- Finding the right database or resource for your research.
- Finding a good read, for you or your bookgroup.
- Genealogy and family history resources.
- Introduction to grant research using Foundation Directory Online (in-library only).
- Limited local historical research using newspaper archives and local history books.
- A research project for school.
- We can provide limited one-on-one training with technology by appointment. If you want to learn more about computers in general, check out the computer classes at SERRC.
- See also Reference Services.
Some things we are unable to help with:
- We do not provide medical, legal, tax or business advice or opinion.
- We cannot type or proofread your document, resume, cover letter, etc.
- For assistance with career exploration and resume assistance, please visit one of the Juneau Job Center or try the Virtual Career Library section (part of the Testing and Education Resource Center) or the Career Center (part of the Live Homework Help resource).
- In-depth Research: The Juneau Public Libraries are not staffed to perform in-depth research. As a service to patrons conducting research, we provide the following LIST OF ALASKA RESEARCHERS (compiled by the Alaska State Library) who have offered their research services for those wishing assistance. Please contact the individual researcher for fee schedules and availability. We hope this list will assist you in your Alaska research.
Call a librarian
907.586.5267 (Downtown Reference Desk)
907.789.4997 (Valley Reference Desk)
Call Reference Line during operating hours to get answers on the phone.
E-mail a librarian
Email your question, we'll try and get back to you within 24 hours.
Online Resources Help
If you're having trouble accessing an online library resource please contact the Electronic Services Librarian
Live Homework Help
Chat with an online tutor, daily from 1p.m-12 p.m. For more help, check out the Homework Center.
Find an Electronic Journal
We don't currently provide a journal finder resource but can locate a publication by searching our databases for inclusion and coverage dates. Contact the Electronic Services Librarian.