Health and Medicine Databases
- Complementary, holistic and integratedé health care and wellness information.
- Answer questions like: Can I use herbs to treat cancer?
Consumer Health Complete
- Collected health information from Health Source, Alt HealthWatch, and many others.
- Designed to support patients' information needs and foster an overall understanding of health-related topics.
Health Source- Nursing/Academic Edition
- Access hundreds of full-text,peer-reviewed, scholarly journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
- Coverage of nursing and allied health is particularly strong, including full text from Creative Nursing, Issues in Comprehensive Pediatric Nursing, Issues in Mental Health Nursing, Journal of Advanced Nursing, Journal of Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, Journal of Clinical Nursing, Journal of Community Health Nursing, Journal of Nursing Management, Journal of the Society of Pediatric Nurses, Nursing, Nursing Diagnosis, Nursing Ethics, Nursing Forum, Nursing Inquiry, and many more.
Health Source-Consumer Edition
- Health articles for the average person, includes drug index and reports.
- Covers topics such as AIDS, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, aging, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, children's health, women's health, etc.
- Nearly 300 full text, consumer health periodicals, including American Fitness, Better Nutrition, Harvard Health Letter, HealthFacts, Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Prevention, Vegetarian Times, and more.
- Created by the National Library of Medicine to search abstracts from over 4,600 current biomedical journals.
Teen Health and Wellness
- Real life, real answers.
- Personal stories from teens.
- Advice from Dr. Jan, psychologist.
- Great resource for teens to get confidential info about sexual health, suicide, eating disorders and more difficult topics.
- Mobile access using the Teen Hotlines App.