General Reference Databases
CBJ Municipal Code Online
- Complete, current, Code of Ordinances.
- Gain a better understanding of local government and the laws that regulate your community.
CBJ Reports and Studies Archive
- The CBJ Reports and Studies Archive is a continually growing database of documents produced by and for the City and Borough of Juneau. The database includes reports going back to before the incorporation of the City and covering 20 different departments, and lists physical locations for where the documents are held, including URLs for electronic documents.
- City and Borough of Juneau documents and reports.
- Browse by Department or by report Title.
- Pre-1960 to current.
Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- For students and adults alike, the Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia database indexes over 25,000 records, covering an array of topics.
- Full text for each record may be easily accessed by double clicking on the topic from the display.
- Contains images, brief biographies as well as information in a variety of subject areas.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Great reference titles available 24/7.
- Including, Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia, Science of Everyday Things, Encyclopedia of Food and Culture, Gale Encyclopedia of the Unusual and Unexplained.
- Save, print or use the ReadSpeaker technology (text-to-speech) to have content read aloud or download in MP3 format.
- Kanopy is an online movie streaming site, offering over 26,000 films to watch online.
- Kanopy specializes in award-winning documentaries, independent and foreign films, and classic cinema.
- Make a free account using your library card to watch up to 8 Kanopy films per month from any device, anywhere.
- Create and browse playlists, edit clips from your favorite films, and rate and discuss films with the Kanopy community.
New York Times
- You must redeem the code and create a free account the first time you access the site
- Access all articles, videos, and information published by The New York Times
- Includes full translations into English, Spanish, and Chinese