General Reference Databases
CBJ Municipal Code Online
- Complete, current, Code of Ordinances.
- Gain a better understanding of local government and the laws that regulate your community.
CBJ Reports and Studies Archive
- The CBJ Reports and Studies Archive is a continually growing database of documents produced by and for the City and Borough of Juneau. The database includes reports going back to before the incorporation of the City and covering 20 different departments, and lists physical locations for where the documents are held, including URLs for electronic documents.
- City and Borough of Juneau documents and reports.
- Browse by Department or by report Title.
- Pre-1960 to current.
Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
- For students and adults alike, the Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia database indexes over 25,000 records, covering an array of topics.
- Full text for each record may be easily accessed by double clicking on the topic from the display.
- Contains images, brief biographies as well as information in a variety of subject areas.
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Great reference titles available 24/7.
- Including, Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia, Science of Everyday Things, Encyclopedia of Food and Culture, Gale Encyclopedia of the Unusual and Unexplained.
- Save, print or use the ReadSpeaker technology (text-to-speech) to have content read aloud or download in MP3 format.
- Information on a broad variety of topics in magazines and journals.
- Full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more.
- Full text more than 500 reference books, over 107,000 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 592,000 photos, maps & flags.