Science Reference Center
- Easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content including full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias and reference books.
- Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, technology and wildlife.
- Searchasaurus is a colorful, easy-to-use search interface for elementary and middle school students.
- Accesses three popular elementary and middle school databases (Primary Search, Middle Search Plus and Book Collection: Nonfiction).
Small Business Reference Center
- Wide variety of information on small business and entrepreneurial subject areas.
- Including a help and advice section, start-up information and how to create business plans that lead to successful funding.
- Archived video of lectures from the Faculty at Harvard Business School complete with accompanying slides and notes.
Small Engine Repair
- Based on the Clymer small engine repair manuals.
- These manuals contain thousands of accurate and concise step-by-step maintenance and repair instructions for hundreds of small engine machines and their supporting components.
- From marine motors and snowmachines to snow-blowers, save yourself money, do it yourself!
- Checkout some of the our favorites!
- Picks include fiction, non-fiction, DVSs and audiobooks.
- Interested in writing your own reviews? We share patron reviews on the library blog.
Student Research Center
- Especially for grades 6-12, searches multiple databases (Health Source – Consumer Edition, Image Collection, MAS Ultra – School Edition, Middle Search Plus, Newspaper Source, TOPICSearch, the American Heritage Dictionary and Columbia Encyclopedia).
- The Teachers Resources section covers Academic Search Premier, ERIC, and the Professional Development Collection.
Student Resources in Context
- Provides information on a broad range of topics, people, places and events.
- Includes magazine articles, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, audio, and more
Teacher Reference Center
- Abstracts for more than 270 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
Teen Health and Wellness
- Real life, real answers.
- Personal stories from teens.
- Advice from Dr. Jan, psychologist.
- Great resource for teens to get confidential info about sexual health, suicide, eating disorders and more difficult topics.
- Mobile access using the Teen Hotlines App.
Testing and Education Reference Center
- Find colleges, graduate schools, specialty and career programs, and test prep materials.
- Test prep and practice tests for ACT, SAT, GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, ASVAB, TOEFL, ASE, U.S. Citizenship and more.
- Get help with your resume, prepare for an interview and more in the Virtual Career Library section.
- Career Center includes resume writing help and job interview guidelines and tips for job-seekers.
- Live Tutors available seven days a week from 1 PM to Midnight Alaska Time, other resources available 24/7.
- Access Tutors on the Go with the Mobile App (iOS only).
- Available as a service to Alaskan students in grades K-12 and intro-level college students.
- Requires a PC or Mac and internet access.
- Compatible with a variety of browsers Check here for details.
- Requires Flash on your computer with pop-up blockers turned off.
Tutor.com To Go
- iOS only, Tutor.com works on Android mobile devices through the web browser, no app required.
- ON A COMPUTER: Create a free account (at top of page). Access to Tutor.com doesn’t require login on a computer but does for the mobile app in order to associate the user with a subscribing library. An account will let you save favorite tutors, store assignments and save and review previous tutoring sessions in your Locker.
- Launch the app on your iOS device and sign in using the account you just created.
- Can't find it in the Juneau Public Libraries catalog? Try searching the world's libraries!
- Interlibrary-loan (ILL) service is available free of charge to our patrons and we are often able to borrow items on your behalf from libraries throughout the United States.
- To request an item, you may call 586-0437 or create an account to submit your own request.
- More info on ILL.