- Learning a language should be fun! Each lesson incorporates interactive tools and rich imagery that eliminates boredom and keeps you engaged.
- 37 Mango Basic Courses (22 Foreign Languages including Tagalog + 15 ESL Courses)
29 Mango Complete Courses (16 Foreign Languages and 13 ESL Courses.
- Unlimited download of the Mango Languages Mobile App. for access on your device (Android and iOS only at this time).
- Available for Android and iOS.
- Full access to all Mango courses offered by the Alaska Library Network.
- Interactive phonetic spellings.
- Grammar notes.
- Cultural notes.
- Requires: Valid library account and a free account with Mango (set up through the library website).
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- Information on a broad variety of topics in magazines and journals.
- Full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals covering general reference, business, health, education, general science, multicultural issues and much more.
- Full text more than 500 reference books, over 107,000 primary source documents, and an Image Collection of over 592,000 photos, maps & flags.
- Created by the National Library of Medicine to search abstracts from over 4,600 current biomedical journals.
- More than 900 full-text newspapers, providing more than 36 million full-text articles.
- Includes The Seattle Times, New York Times, USA Today, The Christian Science Monitor, The Washington Post and The Times (London).
- Full text television & radio news transcripts are provided from CBS News, FOX News, NPR, and more..
- This resource will help you decide what to read next, help engage your younger readers and encourage reading success!
- Fiction and nonfiction titles for children and teens.
- Expert reading recommendations from librarians and school media specialists.
- Connections to curriculum requirements for reading, listening, and writing.
- Read-alikes for every title, author, and series.
- This resource will help you decide what to read next, help you pick books for your book club, and help you guide your children’s reading.
- NoveList can:
- Match a Favorite Author.
- Match a Favorite Title – Find similar titles.
- Explore Fiction.
- Explore Best Books.
Overdrive Media Console Mobile
- Download and enjoy digital titles from the ListenAlaska collection anytime, anywhere with OverDrive Media Console Mobile App.
- Mobile supports EPUB eBooks & MP3 Audiobooks.
- Available for:
- iOS (iPhone®/iPad®/iPod touch®)
- Windows® Phone 7
Oxford Premium Reference Collection
- More than 100 reference titles (ebooks) and 50,000 entries (articles) from the Oxford Companion series.
- Interdisciplinary subject area coverage.
- Includes criticism guides on American, African, English, Classical Irish Literature and more.
Points of View Reference Center
Contains many topics, each with an overview (objective background/description), point (argument) and counterpoint (opposing argument). For each topic, this database also offers a Guide to Critical Analysis, which helps the reader evaluate the controversial topics. The Guide to Critical Analysis enhances students’ ability to read critically, develop their own perspective on the issues, and write or debate an effective argument on the topic.
Professional Development Collection
- Professional and academic education resources.
Regional Business News
- Search 75 U.S. business journals and newspapers.
- Emphasis on local and regional business news.
Religion and Philosophy Collection
- Topics coverage includes; world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy and the history of philosophy.
- Great or researchers and students of theology and philosophical studies.