Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Great reference titles available 24/7.
- Including, Grzimek's Animal Life Encyclopedia, Science of Everyday Things, Encyclopedia of Food and Culture, Gale Encyclopedia of the Unusual and Unexplained.
- Save, print or use the ReadSpeaker technology (text-to-speech) to have content read aloud or download in MP3 format.
- GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment.
- Topics covered include global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more.
- The database provides abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as full text for more than 4,700 records.
Health Source- Nursing/Academic Edition
- Access hundreds of full-text,peer-reviewed, scholarly journals focusing on many medical disciplines.
- Coverage of nursing and allied health is particularly strong, including full text from Creative Nursing, Issues in Comprehensive Pediatric Nursing, Issues in Mental Health Nursing, Journal of Advanced Nursing, Journal of Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Nursing, Journal of Clinical Nursing, Journal of Community Health Nursing, Journal of Nursing Management, Journal of the Society of Pediatric Nurses, Nursing, Nursing Diagnosis, Nursing Ethics, Nursing Forum, Nursing Inquiry, and many more.
Health Source-Consumer Edition
- Health articles for the average person, includes drug index and reports.
- Covers topics such as AIDS, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, aging, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, children's health, women's health, etc.
- Nearly 300 full text, consumer health periodicals, including American Fitness, Better Nutrition, Harvard Health Letter, HealthFacts, Men's Health, Muscle & Fitness, Prevention, Vegetarian Times, and more.
- Discover your unique family history.
- A wealth of genealogy materials including fulltext e-books (can be downloaded), articles, wills, and records.
- Of particular interest are records from the Revolution Era Pension & Bounty-Land Warrant Application files and the Freedman's Bank.
History Reference Center
- This database features full text for more than 1,990 reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books from leading history publishers.
Home Improvement Reference Center
For homeowners in do-it-yourself home repair, maintenance, and remodeling projects.
- Step-by-step instructions for thousands of projects in the areas of plumbing, outdoor, woodworking, electrical, and decorating
- Additionally, thousands of articles from magazines and reference books provide tips and suggestions to supplement the step-by-step project instructions.
- Utilizing a powerful search engine this resource will apply your search across all our electronic resources.
- Your one stop search tool.
- Please note that searching all resources takes longer to produce a results list than while searching one resource.
- A free world-class education for anyone anywhere.
- Students can make use of an extensive video library, interactive challenges, and assessments from any computer with access to the web.
- Videos cover K-12 math, science topics such as biology, chemistry, and physics, and even reaches into the humanities with playlists on finance and history. Each video is a digestible chunk, approximately 10 minutes long, and especially purposed for viewing on the computer.
- Kanopy is an online movie streaming site, offering over 26,000 films to watch online.
- Kanopy specializes in award-winning documentaries, independent and foreign films, and classic cinema.
- Make a free account using your library card to watch up to 8 Kanopy films per month from any device, anywhere.
- Create and browse playlists, edit clips from your favorite films, and rate and discuss films with the Kanopy community.
Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- LISTA indexes more than 730 journals, plus books, research reports, and proceedings.
- Subjects include librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online retrieval, information management and more.
- Coverage extends back as far as the 1960s.
ListenAlaska+ (now called Alaska Digital Library)
- E-Books and Audiobooks.
- Choose your checkout period, between 7-21 days.
- No late fees, no need to return digital items to library.
- E-Books in ePub, PDF and Kindle formats. Audiobooks in MP3 format.
- Get Mobile Apps and download ebook and audiobooks on your device!
Live Homework Help
- Live Tutors available seven days a week from Noon to 2 AM Alaska Time, other resources available 24/7.
- Available as a service to Alaskan students in grades K-12 and intro-level college students.
- Requires a PC or Mac and internet access.
- Compatible with a variety of browsers Check here for details.
- Requires Flash on your computer with pop-up blockers turned off.
- An online library of instructional videos and full courses in photography, CAD, animation, coding, web design and much more
- Includes software instruction for Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, open source software and more