Search Library Catalog
Alaska Mail Services
- Check out period: Library materials are checked out for eight weeks unless otherwise marked. Some books, such as best sellers and interlibrary loan books, may be due sooner. Please check your packing list for the correct dates, and return them so they reach us by the due date.
- Media: You may request four DVDs, CDs, and audio books per shipment.
- Renewal: If you wish to renew an item notify us before it is due. Books can be renewed for a four-week period if no one else has requested them.
- Replacement costs: You are responsible for all library materials sent to you. We will charge replacement costs for lost or damaged books. Please treat books well and see that they stay dry and clean in use and in shipping. Return materials in our shipping bag.
- Walk-in service: You may use the Juneau Libraries when you are in town. Tell the librarians you are a mail service patron and they will look you up on the computer - no card needed! Remind them of your eight-week check-out period on most materials. Include your four-digit mail service number on all correspondence.
Please notify us immediately of any address changes. Thanks!