Please read through the following guidelines, fill out the
application, and we will
determine your eligibility for this service.
- We have two types of patrons:
- Books by profile patrons: With this service, we will choose library material based on your reading preferences and ship it to you every 6-7 weeks in addition to your specific requests. If you want this service, fill out the patron profile as completely as possible.
- Request only patrons: If you want to receive shipments only when you send specific title, author, or subject requests; this service is for you. Check the shaded Request Only box on the patron profile and send us a list of what you would like to receive. We will send your requests as we receive them, but only as frequently as once every 6-7 weeks.
- At your request we will include you in our paperback exchange and/or include back issues of magazines in your bag of books. These do not need to be returned.
- You may request books and ask us reference questions.
- We can borrow books or obtain periodical articles for you from other libraries through interlibrary loan.
- We can supply book lists and "what to read next" advice and supplement children's school reading.
- You can also access the complete catalog of the Fairbanks Public Library online at: http://library.fnsb.lib.ak.us.
We try to do everything a public library would do except we do it through the mail. The cost to you is the return postage on the bag of books.
Site maintained by the
Juneau Public Libraries (JPL)