Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service through which you request materials that are not owned by the Capital City Libraries. Interlibrary Loans come from other libraries around the country… and sometimes the world! Please allow a 4-6 weeks for processing and mailing.
Please check the Capital City Libraries online catalog to find out if we already own the item you're requesting. Items at another library in Juneau do not require the ILL process.
- 5 active requests per patron.
- ILL items typically have a shorter lending period that items owned by the Capital City Libraries and options for renewal vary.
- Requests for materials published in the current calendar year should be submitted as purchase suggestions, rather than interlibrary loan requests.
- Console video games (Wii, PlayStation, Xbox, etc.) are not available through interlibrary loan.
- There is no charge for ILL requests. Interlibrary Loan materials are carefully tracked by library staff. In the event that requested items are not picked up by the patron requesting the items, future requests maybe be denied.
Get started searching with WorldCat, a worldwide database of library materials.
REQUESTING AN ILL
- Create or Access your Interlibrary Loan account.
- Search for the item using WorldCat, click on the title for more information then click on "Submit a request for this item". You will be taken to the Interlibrary Loan account login page. Once you are logged in the request form should auto-populate information from WorldCat.
In Person at any of the Juneau Public Libraries
By phone call 907-586-0437.
- Interlibrary Loan materials show due date on barcoded band attached to the item.
- Interlibrary loan materials may be renewed when permitted by lending library.
- The overdue fine on ILLs is calculated at the rate of $1 per item per day.
- There will be a $2 fine for lost barcode bands.