Douglas Island

Douglas Island was named by Captain George Vancouver in 1794 for John Douglas, Bishop of Salisbury, England. The Douglas Island "neighborhood" encompasses the areas of the island which are not contained in Douglas or Treadwell. The historic buildings, structures, and buildings of the Douglas Island "neighborhood" are scattered throughout the area and not associated with other similar buildings in a specific geographic area.


 
 
CBJ Community Development Department
home
community
visitors
images
business
jobs
calendar
IMAGE-City and Borough of Juneau
CBJ Image