Easy Searcher Beacon Park
The Easy Searcher Beacon Park is designed as an educational tool for winter recreationists to practice avalanche transceiver search skills. The park is self-service and open to the public. Users select the complexity of the search; from one beacon to six beacons.
The Easy Searcher was funded by a generous grant by Alaska Search and Rescue Association through Juneau Mountain Rescue. Juneau Ski Patrol, SEADOGS and Eaglecrest are partners with JMR in additional funding and maintenance of the beacon park.
The beacon park is located in the meadow to the left of Raven run out above Log Jam.
Beacon Park Instructions
You will need an avalanche transceiver (457kHz) and an avalanche probe
1. Choose the appropriate difficulty level:
2. The control unit activates a random pattern of targets according to the difficulty level.
3. Search with your transceiver and probe for the targets buried in the snow. The bamboo poles define the search area.
5. When all the targets are found, the light and horn will go off three times.
6. The screen on the control unit will show the search times.