Winter is our favorite time at Eaglecrest. But we will admit, the off-season is a beautiful time on the mountain. The Summer Trail to the top of the mountain allows access for bikers and hikers. The hardened Lower Nordic Trail allows access to the historic Treadwell Ditch. We invite you come up for a short stroll along the trails of the lower mountain, hike to the top of the Black Bear or Ptarmigan Chairs or wander through the meadows of the lower Nordic trail.
Please note: unauthorized vehicles are not allowed on the Summer Trail or the Lower Nordic Trails. For your safety - please stay off and clear of all ski area machinery including chairs as they may move unexpectedly at any time.
Plan Ahead & Be Prepared
- Know where you are going. Make a trip plan before you go: where you are going, when you will be back, & who knows your are going
- Wear proper clothing & footwear; be prepared for changing weather conditions. Bring plenty of food, water and other essential items. There is no water available on the mountain
- There are composting toilets at the Eagle's Nest which is at the top of Ptarmigan
- Remember you are in the wilderness - rescue may take some time to get to you
Tread Lightly & Leave No Trace
- Watch were you step - you are in a fragile alpine environment, please treat it with care
- Pack out everything you bring in with you including your trash
- Please clean up after your dog
- Be considerate of other hikers and bikers & keep your dog under control at all times
- Be Bear Aware!
- Respect wildlife - you are in their home
- Leave rocks, flowers, plants etc. for all to enjoy