Summer at Eaglecrest
Summer is a beautiful time on the mountain. The Service Road to the top of the mountain allows access for bikers and hikers. The hardened Lower Nordic Trail allows access to the historic Treadwell Ditch. We invite you come up for a short stroll along the trails of the lower mountain, hike to the top of the Black Bear Chair or wander through the meadows of the lower Nordic trail.
As of July 17 the service road to the top of the mountain is mostly clear of snow with the exception of the area in the bowl at the base of Drifter. The snow in this area is still approximately 5 feet deep. Hikers are urged to use caution and be preprared to wade through snow in a few spots!
Hiking & Biking Facts
- There is a 1400' elevation gain from the base of Eaglecrest to the top of the mountain
- It takes approximately 1.5 - 2 hours to walk to the top of Eaglecrest on the Service Road
- Water is not available along the route or at the top of Eaglecrest
- Construction vehicles, snow cats, & other machinery may be encountered at any time
- The Lower Nordic trail is hardened from the Day Lodge to the historic Treadwell Ditch, approximately 1.3 miles one way. You can access this trail by turning left off the shop road just below the Day Lodge.
- Unauthorized motor vehicles are not allowed on the Service Road or the Lower Nordic Trail
Plan Ahead & Be Prepared
- Know where you are going
- Make a trip plan before you go: where you are going, when you will be back, & who knows your are going
- Wear proper clothing and make sure you are prepared for changing weather conditions
- Wear proper footwear
- Bring plenty of food, water and other essential items
- Remember you are in the wilderness! Medical care and rescue may take some time to get to you
- Watch were you step - you are in a fragile alpine environment, please treat it with care
- Be considerate of other hikers and bikers
- Keep your dog under control at all times please
- Be Bear Aware!
- Respect wildlife - you are in their home
Leave no trace
- Pack out everything you bring in with you including your trash
- Clean up after your dog
- Leave rocks, flowers, plants etc. for all to enjoy
Check out other activities on the mountain
Service Road crossing Williwaw Easy Bowl from top of Black Bear Chair
Meadow along Lower Nordic Trail Bridge across Fish Creek