HUMAN RESOURCES COMMITTEE (HRC)
Monday, May 12, 2008; 6:00 p.m.
Municipal Building – Chambers
I. Call To Order
II. Agenda Changes
III. Public Participation on Non-Agenda Items
IV. Approval of Minutes
V. New Business
A. CBJ Boards & Commissions
1. Parking Garage and Transit Center – 1% for Art Selection Panel
B. Liquor Licenses – 27 Renewals
[Format below is as follows: License #; Business Name; “doing business as” (d/b/a) name, Location]
CBJ Finance Department is recommending the Assembly protest the licenses listed in bold italics below (click on item B. Liquor Licenses above for the electronic version of the liquor license packet materials.)
Beverage Dispensary Licenses
1. Lic. # 550; Imperial Bar Inc.; d/b/a: Imperial Bar, 241 Front Street
2. Lic. # 673; Peterson Pacific Holding Inc.; d/b/a: Louie’s Douglas Inn, 915 3rd St., Douglas
3. Lic. # 728; JD Entertainment Inc.; d/b/a: The Island Pub, 1102 2nd St., Douglas
4. Lic. # 772; NYT Inc.; d/b/a Rendezvous, 184 S. Franklin Street
5. Lic. # 3695; Henry’s Food & Spirits LLC; d/b/a Henry’s Food & Spirits, 9109 Mendenhall Mall Road #4B
6. Lic. # 3755; Tailwind Inc.; d/b/a Hangar on the Wharf; #2 Marine Way [and Duplicate Licenses for Pizzeria Roma: License #4788, and the Hangar Ballroom: License #4788]
7. Lic. # 4349; Senate Partnership Inc.; d/b/a The Penthouse, 434 3rd Ave., Juneau
8. Lic. # 4370; Sea Dawgs; d/b/a DocWaters; #2 Marine Way, Ste. #125
Beverage Dispensary Tourism Licenses
9. Lic. # 175; Breakwater Inn Inc.; d/b/a Breakwater Inn Restaurant & Lounge, 1711 Glacier Ave.
10. Lic. # 586; Goldbelt Enterprises Inc.; d/b/a Goldbelt Juneau Hotel, 51 Egan Drive
11. Lic. # 1378; Alaskan Hotel & Bar Inc.; d/b/a Alaskan Hotel, 167 S. Franklin Street
12. Lic. # 2541; MGO Inc.; d/b/a Juneau Airport Travel Lodge, 9200 Glacier Hwy.
13. Lic. #2534; Alaskan Brewing LLC; d/b/a Alaskan Brewing Co., 5429 Shaune Drive
Package Store Licenses
14. Lic. #2066; Fred Meyer Stores Inc.; d/b/a Fred Meyer #158, 8181 Glacier Hwy.
15. Lic. #2976; No Creek Jack Inc.; d/b/a Duck Creek Market, 9951 Stephen Richards Dr.
Recreational Site License
16. Lic. #4539; Juneau Bowling Center LLC, d/b/a Juneau Bowling Center, 608 W. Willoughby
Restaurant Eating Place Licenses
17. Lic. #848; Olivia Castaneda; d/b/a Olivia’s De Mexico, 222 Seward Street
18. Lic. #851; Rodfather’s LLC; d/b/a The Broiler, Nugget Mall
19. Lic. #1416; Taku Glacier Lodge Inc.; d/b/a Taku Glacier Flightseeing/Salmon Bake, Taku River
20. Lic. #2812; Patricia McGivney; d/b/a Pizza Verona, 256 S. Franklin Street
21. Lic. #3049; Valley Restaurant LLC; d/b/a The Valley Restaurant, 9320 Glacier Hwy.
22. Lic. #3673; Alejandro Orozco; d/b/a Fernando’s, 116 N. Franklin Street
23. Lic. #3733; Up The Creek Inc.; d/b/a The Twisted Fish Company, 550 S. Franklin St.
24. Lic. #4192; Seong S. Kim; d/b/a Seong’s Sushi Bar & Chinese Takeout, 740 W. 9th St.
25. Lic. #4405; Tides Complex Inc.; d/b/a Dragon Inn, 5000 Glacier Hwy.
Restaurant Eating Place/Public Convenience License
26. Lic. # 3643; Clay Kent & Cisco Ramos; d/b/a Douglas Café, 916 3rd Street, Douglas
27. Lic. # 3166; Odom Corp.; d/b/a The Odom Corporation, 5452 Shaune Drive
VI. Unfinished Business
To be considered at future meetings - Other Pending Items & Assembly Goals related to HRC:
• Continuous items: Board Appointments, Annual Reports & Liquor Licenses as they are received.
• Co-sponsor public workshop on assisted living facilities for seniors (Assembly Goal)
• Juneau International Relations Advisory Committee – Sister Cities Program
• June 18, 2008; 5pm – Full Assembly Sitting as the Human Resources Committee to interview applicants for the Airport, Docks & Harbors, and Eaglecrest Boards (app. deadline 6/9/2008.) Immediately followed by Special Assembly Meeting for Board Appointments, City Hall Conference Room #224