Immediately following the Special Assembly Meeting
Assembly Chambers - approximately 6:15 pm (ish)
I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call
III. Approval of Minutes
May 30, 2007
IV. Ordinance 2007-46, Placing before the Voters the Question of a Temporary 1% Areawide Sales Tax Levy
This ordinance came before the Assembly on July 9 and was directed to the Finance Committee for additional review. The ordinance, as drafted, will place on the October 2, 2007 municipal ballot the question of a 1% sales tax levy for a period of 4 years and 9 months (October 1, 2008 through June 30, 2013). It is estimated that this temporary sales tax levy will generate a total of $40.6 million in revenues. The ordinance identifies the following capital projects for funding-
• General maintenance, improvements and upgrades to airport facilities,
• General maintenance, upgrades, and enhancements to harbor facilities,
• Essential and deferred maintenance to CBJ buildings and facilities,
• Essential and deferred maintenance to CBJ school district buildings and facilities, and
• Improvements and infill to critical sewer and water infrastructure throughout the Borough.
V. Possible Capital Projects For the October 2, 2007 Ballot
Memo From Roger Healy, Engineering Director, CBJ
Several groups, including the School District, have presented capital project requests to the Assembly. These groups have requested that questions be placed on the October 2007 municipal ballot for bonding. Contained in the packet is a memo from Roger Healy, CBJ Engineering Director, providing an overview of the various projects that have been requested.
ADA Accommodations Available Upon Request: Please contact the Clerk’s office 72 hours prior to any meeting so arrangements can be made to have a sign language interpreter present or an audiotape containing the Assembly’s agenda made available. The Clerk’s office telephone number is 586-5278, TDD 586-5351, e-mail: email@example.com.