City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385
http://www.juneau.org

CDD - Historic Sites & Structures

206 N. Franklin Street

AHRS#:
JUN-332
CBJ#:
B-54
Year Built:
1926
Location:
206 N. Franklin Street
Architectural Style:
Other/ Juneau Folk
Architect/Contractor:
L.F. Morris, contractor
Historic Name:
Klein Building
Historic Use:
commercial
Date Local Designation:
NA
Date National Register Designation:
NA
Historic Integrity:
altered/preserved
Historic Period:
Peak Gold Mining Era 1921-1944
Parcel Number:
1C070A040030
Neighborhood:
Juneau Townsite

Additional Information

General Description

The structure is two-stories with a flat roof and concrete foundation. It is sided with vertical wood siding. It features a varied height parapet wall, chamfered corner entry, and wrap around wood canopy. It has double hung windows on the second story and storefront windows at street level.

Historical Information

Constructed in 1926 by L. F. Morris who owned a construction company in Juneau. Purchased by B.M. Krafft, cabinetmaker, who sold it to John J. Klein, building contractor, in 1944. Klein owned the building until he sold to Kenneth and Pearl Morgan in 1976.




CBJ Image