City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385
http://www.juneau.org

CDD - Historic Sites & Structures

120 West First Street

AHRS#:
CBJ#:
Year Built:
1939
Location:
120 West First Street
Architectural Style:
Eclectic
Architect/Contractor:
Unknown
Historic Name:
Alexander House
Historic Use:
Residence
Date Local Designation:
1984
Date National Register Designation:
NA
Historic Integrity:
Demolished
Historic Period:
Peak Gold Mining Era 1921-1939
Parcel Number:
Neighborhood:
"Telephone Hill, Juneau Townsite"

Additional Information

General Description

"A one-and-one -half story, 24' x 36' structure, the house had a green stucco exterior and intersection cedar-shingle cable roof. Wood steps led up to a front entry sheltered by a shed-roofed canopy. Other features included a shed-roof, front dormer and double-hung sash windows. The house was Demolished in 1991. "

Historical Information

"George Forest Alexander constructed the house at the site in 1939. Alexander was the U.S. District Judge, First Judicial District, Juneau from 1933-1947. "




CBJ Image