City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385
http://www.juneau.org

CDD - Historic Sites & Structures

211 Dixon Street

AHRS#:
JUN-293
CBJ#:
D-05
Year Built:
1913
Location:
211 Dixon Street
Architectural Style:
Late 19th and Early 20th Century American Movements/Bungalow/Craftsman
Architect/Contractor:
Unknown
Historic Name:
Bayless-Powers House
Historic Use:
Residence
Date Local Designation:
1984
Date National Register Designation:
NA
Historic Integrity:
Preserved/Altered
Historic Period:
Initial Development Era 1883-1911
Parcel Number:
1C070A060010
Neighborhood:
"Telephone Hill, Juneau Townsite"

Additional Information

General Description

"This one-and-one-half story, 30’ x 44’ wood- frame structure has a moderately pitched gable roof covered in composition shingles; extended eaves with fascia boards. It is sided with cedar shakes and has two gabled dormers on west façade, and a small entry porch and basement. It has undergone minimal structural alternations and has retrained its architectural integrity. "

Historical Information

"The adjacent property was owned, until 1912, by Richard Harris, co-founder of Juneau. The property sold to Claire and Edward Bayless who built the current structure. Bayless, an attorney sold the property to Tom McCaul, local business owner. Senna Powers bought the structure in 1941"




CBJ Image