City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385
http://www.juneau.org

CDD - Historic Sites & Structures

410 Calhoun Avenue

AHRS#:
JUN-361
CBJ#:
B-86
Year Built:
1937
Location:
410 Calhoun Avenue
Architectural Style:
Other/ Juneau Folk
Architect/Contractor:
unknown
Historic Name:
Feldon/ Kendler Aprtments
Historic Use:
residential
Date Local Designation:
NA
Date National Register Designation:
NA
Historic Integrity:
altered
Historic Period:
Peak Gold Mining Era 1921-1944
Parcel Number:
1C070A200020
Neighborhood:
Juneau Townsite

Additional Information

General Description

The structure is two-stories with a flat roof. It has a concrete foundation and stucco walls. It features a round window at the front door and a variety of window types.

Historical Information

Built and open in July 1937 by Sam Feldon, Juneau businessman and restaurant owner. Sold to Joseph and Mathilde Kendler in 1945. The Kendlers operated the Alaska Dairy in the Mendenhall Valley for many years. It was bought as an investment by the Kendlers who in 1965 sold to their son, Joseph A. Jr. and Marie E. Kendler.




CBJ Image