City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385
http://www.juneau.org

CDD - Historic Sites & Structures

224 Gold Street

AHRS#:
JUN-338
CBJ#:
B-62
Year Built:
circa 1901
Location:
224 Gold Street
Architectural Style:
Other/ Juneau Folk
Architect/Contractor:
unknown
Historic Name:
Connors House
Historic Use:
residential
Date Local Designation:
NA
Date National Register Designation:
NA
Historic Integrity:
preserved
Historic Period:
Initial Development Era 1883-1911
Parcel Number:
1C070A110060
Neighborhood:
Juneau Townsite

Additional Information

General Description

This is a one-and-one-half story, wood frame structure. It has a hip roof over the main portion and gable roof over the remaining portion. It has a concrete foundation with asphalt shingles and wood skirting. It has horizontal siding. Features include a large gable pediment along front elevation and small gable pediment at small angled appendage as well as modest Queen Ann horizontal gable bracket.

Historical Information

For over twenty years the property was owned by J. J. Connors, Juneau mayor in 1926, and owner of Connors Motor Company. He was Collector of Customs for Alaska from 1933 until 1951. Connors’ home was located nearby in the same block but was razed by Alaska Federal Savings and Loan and replaced with a parking garage.




CBJ Image