City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385
http://www.juneau.org

CDD - Historic Sites & Structures

324 2nd Street

AHRS#:
JUN-198
CBJ#:
B-61
Year Built:
circa 1901
Location:
324 2nd Street
Architectural Style:
Other/ Juneau Folk
Architect/Contractor:
unknown
Historic Name:
Colonial Rooms
Historic Use:
residential
Date Local Designation:
NA
Date National Register Designation:
NA
Historic Integrity:
altered
Historic Period:
Initial Development Era 1883-1911
Parcel Number:
1C070A110020
Neighborhood:
Juneau Townsite

Additional Information

General Description

The structure is a two-story, flat roofed, wood frame structure. It has a concrete foundation and is sided with wood shingles. It has a frontal parapet wall and small flat roofed entry canopy. A second entrance has been added to the front fašade.

Historical Information

In 1901 Captain James Carroll owned buildings on Lot 2 and 3. This building appears on the 1904 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map and in 1906 Charles Goldstein, merchant and member of Juneau pioneer family, was listed on the tax roll as owner of the property. He owned it continuously until the 1940s. The building has always been used as an apartment house/rooms.




CBJ Image