City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385
http://www.juneau.org

CDD - Historic Sites & Structures

336 Gold Street

AHRS#:
JUN-334
CBJ#:
B-57
Year Built:
1901
Location:
336 Gold Street
Architectural Style:
Other/ Juneau Folk
Architect/Contractor:
unknown
Historic Name:
Dickinson House
Historic Use:
residential
Date Local Designation:
NA
Date National Register Designation:
NA
Historic Integrity:
altered
Historic Period:
Initial Development Era 1883-1911
Parcel Number:
1C070A100040
Neighborhood:
Juneau Townsite

Additional Information

General Description

This was a one-story, wood frame building with a pyramidal hip roofed. It has been significantly altered by changes to the structure including the addition of a gable roof. It has a concrete foundation and is sided with wood shingles and vertical wood siding on the gable face.

Historical Information

Property owned by Karl Koehler of Koehler and James, Juneau merchants. Mrs. Henrietta Heid, wife of John Heid, attorney and Vice President of the First National Bank, was owner from 1910 until 1924. It was sold to Mrs. William Dickinson whose husband in 1903 was foreman for the Alaska Steam Laundry. In 1917-1918 with his partner, E. L. Hunter, Dickinson operated the Gastineau Transportation Company. It became the property of Joseph F. Kaher in 1917, investor in rental property in Juneau.




CBJ Image