City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385
http://www.juneau.org

CDD - Historic Sites & Structures

426 Main Street

AHRS#:
JUN-331
CBJ#:
B-45
Year Built:
1889
Location:
426 Main Street
Architectural Style:
Other/ Juneau Folk
Architect/Contractor:
unknown
Historic Name:
Bothwell House
Historic Use:
residential
Date Local Designation:
NA
Date National Register Designation:
NA
Historic Integrity:
altered
Historic Period:
Initial Development Era 1883-1911
Parcel Number:
1C070A200040
Neighborhood:
Juneau Townsite

Additional Information

General Description

The building is a one-and-one-half story wood frame structure with a cross gable roof. It has a concrete foundation and horizontal wood lap siding. It also features chamfered corner walls at the entry.

Historical Information

The property is listed on the 1901 tax roll and appears on the 1904 Sanborn Fire Insurance Map. In 1910 the J.J. Beattie estate owned the lot and house. Milton Bothwell was owner from 1925-1936 when it was sold to the Juneau Women’s Club. Bothwell was active in civic affairs and served as city councilman from 1929-1930. He was also a broker and had a number of other jobs.




CBJ Image