City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

Capital City Fire/Rescue

8-14-2012 - 2nd Residential Structure Fire Reponse- 8502 Jennifer Drive

On Wednesday, August 14, 2012, at approximately 9:29 AM, Capital City Fire Rescue responded to 8502 Jennifer Drive Apartment C, for a report of a possible residential structure fire. Engine 31, Truck 32, Rescue 1, Medic 5 and approximately 10 personnel responded. Upon arrival, fire personnel discovered an unattended kettle on the stove that had created smoke. A next door neighbor had discovered the incident and called 911. It was determined that the incident was confined to the stove only and there was no fire damage or injuries reported. The owner was not home at the time of the incident. This was the second residential structure fire response within a 25 minute period. Both incidents were caused by unattended cooking on the kitchen stoves. Capital City Fire Rescue would like to remind residents to use caution when cooking and to never leave the stove unattended when cooking. Be sure to remove all pots or pans from the stove when you are done and take a second or two to make sure the stove is turned off before leaving your home. Also be sure to have working smoke alarms in your home. Submitted by Fire Marshal Daniel Jager

CBJ Image