City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

Capital City Fire/Rescue

2-2-2015 Residential Structure Fire - 8198 Threadneedle Street

On Monday, February 2, 2015, at approximately 3:10 PM, Capital City Fire Rescue responded to 8198 Threadneedle Street in the valley for a residential structure fire. Upon arrival, fire personnel found a single story, single family dwelling with nothing showing from the exterior. Upon entry into the home, light gray smoke was visible and the room where the fire had started was a side bedroom. There were no injuries reported. One of the home owners was home at the time of the fire and called 911 and waited for CCFR to respond. The fire marshal conducted an investigation and found that the source of the fire was in a bedroom where a multi plug adapter was partially melted. There were multiple electrical appliances plugged into the adapter. There were a couple of items that had large electrical demands and it is believed that the circuit was overloaded, and the adapter had generated enough heat to start charring the wooden bench.

CBJ Image