City and Borough of Juneau
155 S. Seward Street
Juneau, Alaska 99801
tel. 907-586-5240
fax 907-586-5385

Capital City Fire/Rescue

7-15-2013 Residential Structure Fire 6017 Lund Street

On Monday, July 15, 2013, at approximately 11:30 AM, Capital City Fire Rescue was dispatched to 6017 Lund Street in Lemon Creek, for a residential structure fire. This call came in at the same time there were three other medical calls around the city. Fire personnel arrived to find a two story single family dwelling with light smoke conditions inside of the home. Personnel made entry and found that the cause of the smoke was a refrigerator that had an electrical malfunction. The only damage sustained was to the refrigerator unit which is estimated at approximately $2,000.00. There were no injuries reported and the family was able to go back inside without any smoke conditions present. Due to the quick action of the home onwer, who called 911 immediately, this fire incident was minimal. Always ensure that there are working smoke alarms in your home and a portable fire extinguisher. Submitted by: Fire Marshal Daniel M. Jager

CBJ Image