Visitors are welcome to meet firefighters, paramedics and emergency medical technicians and see the equipment used to keep their neighborhoods safe.Station tours last approximately 20 minutes and include viewing the fire engine and fire fighting equipment, as well as talking to the firefighters about their job.
- The Capital City's fire stations are open daily between the hours of 10:30 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM for tours and visits on a prearranged and approved basis.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks in advance to schedule a tour.
- Tours are limited to groups of 20 or fewer (adults and children). We request one adult for every five children visiting our facilities.
- Fire stations remain "in-service" during tours. Fire companies may need to respond to emergencies at any time. If they do, it will be necessary for the tour to end and your group to exit the station. Please keep this in mind when visiting. Please be aware that the fire stations are on 24-hour call. Even with booked tours, the possibility exists that the crew could be called out and the station will be closed when you arrive.
- Firefighters have serious work to do. Visiting tour groups are welcome to tour a fire station but may not hold other activities, meals or party festivities at the station.
To schedule a tour,
call Capital City Fire Rescue at (907) 586-5322.