Juneau Recycle Center
The Juneau Recycle Center is located at 5600 Tonsgard (the landfill -gate to the left of scales-follow the signs).
Recycle center hours are:
Thursday and Friday from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Commercial Permit for Recycling are on sale for $100 for the 2013 calendar year. No weighing or scale fees. Click here for permit application
For Commercial Recycling Permit Renewals: Click here for renewal application
You can recycle:
- Newspaper, Magazines, Catalogs and Mixed Paper - Other white paper, colored
paper, envelopes (glassine windows - ok, junk mail, cereal boxes, phone books,
paperback books, etc.) cardboard milk cartons (not plastic) are now accepted.
- Glass (All colors, No lids, labels ok)
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel/tin mixed metal cans
- White ledger (office) Paper Only
- Corrugated Cardboard (corrugated cardboard has the wavy material in between 2 pieces of cardboard)
- #1 Plastic -Bottles; all sizes, transparent pop bottles clear or tinted, labels and rings okay, but NO lids - Remove all lids. Other: Clear and colored containers with #1 on bottom such as fruit and vegetables containers.
- #2 Plastic - White/cloudy jugs and colored plastic bottles, 1/2 gallon and gallon milk jugs, gallon water jugs - NO lids. - Remove all lids. (No bottle with hazardous materials like oil or drain cleaner)
- Plastic grocery bags (The Juneau Empire will accept clean, dry newspaper orange/blue plastic bags to be reused)
- NOTE: For a list to print out to use to set up your recycling items click on: What to Recycle
DON'T FORGET TO GET YOUR RECYCLE CARD AT THE WEIGH-IN WINDOW. GET IT STAMPED EACH TIME YOU COME IN, AFTER 20 VISITS, YOU GET A FREE DUMP AT CAPITAL DISPOSAL.
Borrow recycling containers for your next event!
If your organization is planning an event, CBJ Waste Management. has recycling containers for aluminum cans and plastic bottles that can be borrowed to collect these recyclables at your event. Go to the menu to "Contact Us" and email us for information.
Reducing the Waste Stream:
- Look at the packaging. If there's a lot of packaging for a little product, don't buy it.
- Donate clean plastic bags to St. Vincent DePaul, Salvation Army, or Rainbow Foods or
- Purchase re-usable canvas bags
- Compost yard and food waste year round
- Remove your family from junk mail lists: https://juneau.catalogchoice.org/
- Recycling Facts and Statistics - click on FACTS
Remember - Everything that you and your family do to:
...is a contribution toward reducing the waste stream in our community. It is creating and preserving a better environment for ourselves, our children, and for the future generations.